Saturday 29 September 2012

Slithery snakes

I have been a very lucky girl all thanks to Eye for an Image Studio for setting me up with some slithery friends.  Martyn and Stuart managed to organise two striking snakes (courtesy of John) for a studio day, which sold out in within hour. I will also add that we will be running a day and a half in December time so make sure you book a slot as soon as you see the notice!

Making an allowance for it being my first time modelling with an animal I was very pleased to find how quickly I got the hang of it, it’s difficult to keep the snakes in a photographic position and a lot of the time they would wrap themselves around me and the photographer would have to be quick to get the snap before they moved.  Luckily, despite the fact the little devils wouldn’t pose for me, I have seen some remarkable images from photographers and today I would like to share Tony Brown’s.

I warmed to Tony instantaneously as he cruised into the studio with his biker leathers on, equipped with his helmet tucked under his arm looking like a seriously cool tough dude, so when I mentioned if he would like to be introduced to the snakes I giggled as he took a step back from the boxes, double checked his escape route was clear and made it quite apparent there would be no snakes within a two metre radius! I am very pleased to announce by the end of the shoot he did actually have a photo taken with the boa, and despite his nervous grin he can cross it off his to do list.

 
Without further ado here are the images shot by Tony:

 







Over and out

1 comment: